Sunday, May 22, 2005

Another sleepy sunday....

Another sleepy sunday...After nearly 2 months, its my turn to play bass again. Like any other bass playing day, i would have to wake up damn early just to get to church damn early to sound check etc etc. I think i played quite well today. Didnt make many obvious mistakes, except maybe for the hymn. Well obviously noone heard the mistakes i made in the hymn. The reason being....i followed one of the most important principles in "amateur musicianship" which is...."IF u cant play- POSE". Well...i nearly always do this when playing those complex hymns with 6-7 chord transitions per bar. Its just too much processing for my brain to perform. What can i say, those hymn writers are professional composers and i am a mere amateur. So just go up to the stage, pick up my bass, pretend to play with the volume knobs of my bass( infact i am merely turning it up and back down to 2). When the hymn starts, just pretend to play some notes, do some complex finger patterns...and in the end noone notices anything and ppl think you are very good because u can execute those complex finger pattern. The good thing about the bass is...when u play it ppl can hear the difference in the music, but if u dont play anything ppl dont really care...unless of course u are playing some other genres which are highly dependent on the bass(which of course is not church music).
And i managed to talk to christo today. Apparently i made quite a good impression on the guy i used to work with in the radio station during summer and he wants to work with me again. Thats good to know because the probability of me staying in sydney to do my work experience higher. So even if no engineering firm wants me because i do not have a PR, i can get an engineering apprentice job at ABC. YEAH......
And got the results of my other mid-sem today. Got 20 /25. I guess this one is alright. I was expecting it to be somewhere around 20-21. But i could have gotten higher. I guess the important thing is not to look at the mid-sem and cry over it. Maybe just cry for a few minutes...or a few hours. More importantly is to know where are the mistakes correct it.....If my father was here i would have gotten a scolding already....fortunately he aint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home