Friday, April 08, 2005

The fire is gone..........

Playing in church doesnt excite me anymore. The excitement i get everytime i see my name on the roster has gone. Why has my passion for playing in church died? Well...for one, i think its because everytime i play, i always play the same thing...using the same scales, same licks, etc etc. My bassing havent improved significantly over the past half year. Another reason is because church songs are relatively easy to play and do not offer much challenge musically. And the most significant reason is...i think this half year i have been listening to too much metal. I really should take out my jazz Cd's and listen to them more now and draw inspiration from them. Well...just a note...musicians should not limit themselves to one genre only. Cliff Burton( Metallica's Bassist a long time ago...and also regarded as one of Metallica's best) was classically trained and listens to alot of classical music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home