Monday, November 29, 2004

ZZzzzzz

What an exciting day this has been. It just feels so good to be out of the house, in the city, aimlessly roaming around townhall with the guys from wesley after spending 2 days just sitting at home. Unfortunately I was really too sleepy to fully enjoy the day. Last night slept at around 2 and got up at 7 this morning cause was playing in church. I planned to sleep early, but unfortunately roopesh kept me awake...actually i shouldnt say unfortunately...we spent some quality time together talking about Rock music...OCF...FOCUS..and the ,OCF executive council...discovered so many things bout him. I was esspecially suprised by his liking of Rock music....I was like...."Prophet Dhar"....likes bands like Guns & Roses,Metallica,Nirvana, Van Halen ....he was even singing to the Guns & Roses tune when i was playing it on my laptop...i would expect him to warn me bout listening to the "devils music" as some people call it...but he didnt...so it was cool. And he even tried to intro some classic hard rock chrstian bands. And we had a lame discussion on whether evanescence was a christian band or not.
Todays worship in wesley.....dunno what to say....we made some pretty major and obvious mistakes but also played quite well. The mistakes were caused mostly by Christo not signalling us(the musicians)... so we were like caught off guard so many times. Well i guess christo aint used to leading without the keyboard in front of him yet...normally he plays the keyboard while singing, and and dunno why does he want me to play the D on the 5th string....the 5th string to me feels too fat and has very little definition...all u can hear is its excesive hum . Well he is the sound engineer...so i am not in a position to comment...all i can do is play wutever he wants. So if the 5th string has so little definition and i dont really like to use it,y did i get a 5 string bass. Looking back i guess i wanted something that the other bassist in my church didnt have which was a 5 string. I would have gotten a 6 string if it was available at that time. So should i just get a 4 string next time...I dont think so ...after trying our sern li's 4 string i think i am not used to a 4 string anymore...the neck feels too small....what i would say on this issue is...the 5th string is just there to be there....eventhough i do not use it much....the knowledge that the 5th string exists and that i have an extended lower range and i can use it anytime i makes me feel secure...just in case, i need it i have it. I guess this is just the nature of humans...wanting to be secure. Thank God we have the most secure thing which is salvation that came by Jesus death on the cross ....Amen...:-)
After church was cool also....went over to kwan du to eat ...as usual....but unfortunately i couldnt eat cuase wesley is doing a new promotional video and the musicians had to stay back and pose for the cameras....in the end....they couldnt make the video coz the chinese congregation has to use the hall...cei..wasted my time....in the end had to starve until 3 ...then only went to hungry jacks to eat...i was so hungry i couldnt even walk staight....i only had yogurt and muesli in the morning. Hungry jacks was good...wernz and clarie was with me...as usual when mat rock brothers get together talked on Fenders...Gibsons...and hungry jacks is a really good place to do that cause they have a tv showing classic mtvs....ohh and today they were showing eric claptons "I shot the sheriff" mtv....it was so cool man...Blackie ( eric claptons guitar) sounded so good...and his solo was like WOW....it wasnt fast hardcore shredding but it was so good...Eric claptons known as slowhand...i guess that says alot about his playing. And we also went over to Myers...so cool....we went to the video games department and played the video games there for like more than an hour...The Incredibles game was fun....looks alot like hulk....i think all they did was change the animation....but the underlying code is the same....they are all from XBox anyway.
Reached home around 4....it was so hot....can feel the sun burning my skin....so i decided to take a bus instead of walking back home. Was so sleepy when i got home...unfortunately when i reached home ...roopesh, julian , brian wang and the jap guy(forgot his name) came....so cannot sleep...haih....but nvrmind the time of fellowship with them was good is worth far more than sleeping. Found out so many interesting stuff about them..like roopesh and julian likes to watch south park and Fat Pizza.Wow and i thought "holy ppl " like them do not watch all these kind of stuff. How did i get this idea ??? I think it might be because all my life my father has been really resticting what i watch. He-man cannot, teenage mutant ninja turtles cannot, power rangers cannot.Julian said i was really deprived man....I guess i was deprived of alot of things...I had the guts to venture out into the world of ROck when i got here thanks to clarence and wernz...discovered so many cool bands like metalica ,rage, limp bizkit,dream theater, RHCP ,etc. I feel even my bass playing is getting darker (of course not in church) which means every riff that comes into my head uses alot of minor scales which kind of has a dark aura associated with it unlike punk rock ....I only got some sleep at 9-11...after waking up i feel as if my day has just started...hahhaa.
So any interesting happend in my life today...not really....in a few hours time i wil be sleeping again...i must really keep and account of how long i am awake....i feeel like my days i really short and wasted away...
Ohh ..and aunty shirley( my neighbour in Malaysia) is in brisbane and she is going to send some free subway vouchers for me...cool...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home