Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Galations 2:20

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (ISV) ...Galation 2:20.....This particular verse is very familiar to me, thanks to Raj last year for encouraging me to memorise some verses although i have to admit i have forgotten most of them....only remembered the ones that really encouraged me last year. Galations 2:20 is not particulary hard to understand but i guess its implications are hard to follow. It expresses the extent of Pauls conviction towards Christ( i hope the structure of the sentence and choice of words is correct). As humans we are all destined for death, but as Christians we are destined for eternal life because of what Jesus did on the cross for us. God using Jesus as a perfect sacrifice reclaimed us from death..giving us eternal life if we put our trust in HIM. We as Christians belong to God and the purpose of us living is to glorify HIM. And to do that we are to ...and i quote,"sign a death warrant of the disposition of sin, to turn all emotional impressions and intellectual beliefs into a moral verdict against the disposition of sin, viz., my claim to my right to myself." ....pretty hard to do???...Has your pride been challenged??? In this verse Paul says "I have been crucified with Christ and no longer live, but Christ lives in me. "(NIV)....I, me, myself ...RIP. The next part of the verse..." The life i live in the body, i live by faith in the Son of God ,who loved me and gave Himself for me." Eventhough we are still physically alive....our ruling disposition should have been radically altered from "I ,me, myself" to "Christ, Christ, Christ"....only then can God mould us the person HE wants us to be....Hard....of course....i am contantly struggling with that...but hey....noone said following Christ is easy.
1 year ago....
scenario) James looked at the minutes of the comittee meeting and saw
"DJ - James"
reaction) "Wah...crazy ar...how can u put me in there!!" Agreeing to take up the job
as music director/coordinator to me was a struggle...now DJ leader.

So y was there a struggle....For those who knew me well since last year, i was quite laid back...didnt really want to do anything...my priciple (which served me well in the past ) was "no work dont find work " and also the fact that being a so called leader would put in a position where people would observe me...so i was afraid i might stumble other ppl ...which i think i did a few times....unfortunately.The weight of responsiblity was suddenly put on me...The point is, i was suddenly taken out of my comfort zone and was placed in a position that i didnt want to be in at that time.I guess one thing we have to reflect upon is "what is our purpose of living " and for "who are we living for". We as Christians belong to Christ and we are suppose to be living for Christ and not ourselves...so who are we say where our comfort zone is...our comfort zone is to be in Christ...knowing that in every situation God is in control and he will be there for us if we would go to HIM...Now after a year do i have any regret....i can say with absolute certainty ...no regrets at all. This year God has used many situations....pleasant and unpleasant...to change the way i think....the way i do things...priorities and many others...Amen
Time for dinner...wow...and i woke up just 5 hours ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home